Sunday 11 November 2012

Research #1

After the shoot I had taken earlier on in the week I gathered up a few rough ideas on what to focus my final idea on. I decided to conduct some research into my interests after that shoot and then go out and photograph more into what choice I have chosen. 


So when browsing around , I came across one of my all time favourite photographers Elliot Erwitt and interestingly he created a project that involved the beach but was in black and white film and mainly focused on the people on the beach. Looking at Elliot Erwitt's work has really inspired me on how I could portray my photographs to look very interesting to the viewer. 




 These photographs to me are very interesting as they are unique in their own little ways.  When looking at these photographs they really involve the people that are in the beach environment. The photographs have really given me an idea on whether or not to use the public that are on the beach for their leisure within my project? Or may that be to much? If I was to include the public, I believe that I should include more of the background within the photograph like the sea , sand and the surroundings. 


When looking at more photographs of Elliot Erwitt's work , I came across this photograph of a dog digging in the sand next to the sea. This type of photograph that includes the landscape of the beach gives great detail and makes the photograph more interesting. I think that these photographs would be much more appealing to me and my project than just focusing on one object, Also I find that the stillness within these type of photographs compliments the viewer as they seem very relaxing to look at. 


photographs used from : http://www.magnumphotos.com/Catalogue/Elliott-Erwitt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment