Sunday 18 November 2012

Research #3

Joel Meyerowitz

When researching I came across a photographer , Joel Meyerowitz and his book 'Cape Light'. The photographs throughout the book really interested me as they were documenting the different times of day by the coast. 

I decided to look at these specific photographs as the weather is a very important aspect of sailing. I have placed the photographs in order from morning to night. Even though these photographs were not taken from the same place over and over again, I still find them interesting as it gives the photographs diversity and depth. 




Also his experimental ways of photographing have inspired me as he uses different distances and also depth of field. All three of these photographs really interest me as they contain a lot of detail in the foreground. The fact Joel has taken photographs out to sea gives the viewer an idea of the sea being a never ending space.  




These photographs from 'Cape Light' document the view of the sea from the similar viewpoint, I really like these photographs as it allows the photographs to contain a lot of depth due to the shadows and different rays of light. 

Even though these photographs interest me , I think I will keep focusing on looking out to sea from the sand , creating seascape photographs. I will most definitely start documenting the weather from day to night, I believe that will be a very interesting subject to focus my project on. 






photographs used from website : http://www.joelmeyerowitz.com/photography/book_2.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment